Tony Goldwyn to Play President in ABC's 'Damage Control'
Tony Goldwyn is the latest addition to Shonda Rhimes' ABC pilot, Damage Control.
Based on the life of PR guru Judy Smith, Damage Control centers on a crisis management professional (Kerry Washington) and her dysfunctional staff.
Goldwyn, also a director and producer in film and television, will play President Fitzgerald Grant.
As an actor, he has appeared in The Mechanic, The Last House on the Left and The Last Samurai, with stints on TV's The Good Wife and Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Most recently, Goldwyn directed Hilary Swank in Conviction and has helmed episodes of Dexter and Grey's Anatomy.
Guillermo Diaz, Columbus Short, Henry Ian Cusick and Katie Lowes also star opposite Washington.
Paul McGuigan is set to direct the pilot. Rhimes and Betsy Beers will serve as executive producers with Smith as co-exec producer on the ABC Studios project.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Stop Worrying And Learn To Love These 9 Clichés
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton