'Top Chef' finale cooks cable competition
The Wednesday night finale of Bravo’s "Top Chef" (2.5 million, 1.9/6) was the second-highest rated episode in the show’s history , up 16% from last year’s closer. The episode trailed only the season two ender. Otherwise, the episode closed the highest-rated (and most-praised) season of "Chef" yet and easily won the night among ad-supported cable.
Can't help but wonder if "Chef" might have made for a more potent entry on NBC's summer lineup than USA Network's "Nashville Star" … then again, the cable version of "Star" had higher ratings than "Chef," so perhaps not. At any rate, for some behind the scenes insight, here's a Salon interview with the show's enigmatic Buddha/judge Tom Colicchio, who explains that you don’t actually need to expend effort to entertain the viewer just because you’re a judge on a reality show.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack