'Top Chef' finale cooks cable competition
The Wednesday night finale of Bravo’s "Top Chef" (2.5 million, 1.9/6) was the second-highest rated episode in the show’s history , up 16% from last year’s closer. The episode trailed only the season two ender. Otherwise, the episode closed the highest-rated (and most-praised) season of "Chef" yet and easily won the night among ad-supported cable.
Can't help but wonder if "Chef" might have made for a more potent entry on NBC's summer lineup than USA Network's "Nashville Star" … then again, the cable version of "Star" had higher ratings than "Chef," so perhaps not. At any rate, for some behind the scenes insight, here's a Salon interview with the show's enigmatic Buddha/judge Tom Colicchio, who explains that you don’t actually need to expend effort to entertain the viewer just because you’re a judge on a reality show.
What's Hot in TV
- T-Pain on What Happened to His Aaliyah Collaboration, Furious 7, and FKA Twigs' Engagement to Robert Pattinson [Updated]
- Patricia Arquette Will Follow Up Her Oscar Win With a Memoir
- Pete Holmes on How the Comedian Became the Modern-Day Philosopher
- Ed Sheeran Fits Right in With the Cast of Sesame Street
- You Can Own a 'Magic Mike XXL' T-Shirt with Channing Tatum's Shirtless Torso On the Front!
- Kelly Clarkson Makes Epic Return to 'American Idol,' Sings 'At Last' & 'Heartbeat Song' - Watch Now!
- George Clooney & Sacha Baron Cohen Hug It Out After Dinner
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Look Too Cute Together in New Pic