'Top Chef Masters' Returning With New Format, Judges
Bravo’s Top Chef Masters returns for its third season next month, with some new faces.
Celebrity chef Curtis Stone was previously announced as the new host of the series, joining returning judge James Oseland. Food critic and author Ruth Reichl will be a new judge this upcoming season.
Mad Men actress Christina Hendricks, Maroon 5 and Kelis will serve as guest judges.
The reality competition series will also be revamped, with the 12 competing chefs no longer judged on a scale but in elimination-style challenges, similar to the format used on Top Chef.
The chefs will be competing for money in each episode, with the quickfire challenge winners earning $5,000 and elimination challenge winners earning $10,000 for their charities. The winner will win $100,000, all for charity.
Season 3 premieres Wednesday, April 6 at 11 p.m. before moving to its regular time slot the following week at 10 p.m.
Here are the 12 competing chefs:
- Hugh Acheson - Five & Ten, The National, Gosford Wine
- Floyd Cardoz - New Danny Meyer restaurant
- John Currence - City Grocery Restaurant Group
- Traci Des Jardins - Jardinière, Mijita Cocina Mexicana and Public House and Manzanita
- George Mendes - ALDEA
- Mary Sue Milliken - Border Grill Restaurants and Truck
- Naomi Pomeroy - Beast
- Suvir Saran - Dévi
- John Rivera Sedlar - Playa
- Alex Stratta - Stratta
- Celina Tio - JULIAN Restaurant
- Sue Zemanick - Gautreau’s
Season 2 of Top Chef Masters averaged 1.6 million total viewers, with 1 million in the adult 18-49 demographic. Gail Simmons was a judge for its second round. Kelly Choi led the previous two seasons.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum
- Questlove: Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy' Is A Game-Changer
- Eva Longoria Says The Way The Child Refugee Crisis Has Been Handled Is ‘Un-American'