'Torchwood' snuffed at Fox
Exclu: "Torchwood" fans, prepared to be disappointed/relieved.
"BBC Worldwide Productions and the FOX Broadcasting Company have mutually agreed not to progress together with a 13-episode serialized 'Torchwood' format," said BBC Worldwide in a statement. "We are currently in discussion with several interested networks."
As to that last part, BBC Worldwide executive vp of programming and production Jane Tranter reiterated that a U.S. version was still making progress.
"It's very much ongoing and very much alive," Tranter said.
Also, fans shouldn't hope for/worry about a U.S. edition "Doctor Who," whose recent season premiere just set a ratings record on BBC America.
"It may well be confusing to have a British Doctor and an American Doctor at the same time," she said. "There is only one Doctor, so I don't see that happening."
What's Hot in TV
- Which Leading Actor Will Beat Jon Hamm for an Emmy This Year?
- Huh: The Simpsons Was Denied a Best Animated Emmy Nomination for the First Time Ever
- Best Actress in an Emmys Nominations Announcement Who Had to Keep Reading the TelePrompTer Even After Her Snub: Mindy Kaling
- The 2014 Emmy Nominations Are Here
- Selena Gomez Parties with Pals in New York City - See the Pics!
- Joe Manganiello & Sofia Vergara's Relationship Spoofed by Her 'Modern Family' Co-Stars!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Are the Happiest Couple at 'Ray Donovan' Season 2 Premiere!
- Jason Momoa Told 'Game of Thrones' Author: 'Go F--k Yourself'