Tracking: Sitcoms join 'Hawaii' in lead for fall
In the latest tracking study of what shows will most likely connect with viewers this fall, CBS' "Hawaii Five-0" reboot and "$#*! My Dad Says" continue to score top marks -- but now they're joined by an unexpected trio of other comedies.
The latest news comes from advertiser market analyst NewMediaMetrics, and gauges viewer "emotional attachment" to TV show titles.
Like the recent awareness tracking post, "Hawaii" and "$#*!" received top marks.
Unlike the previous reports, however, a trio of relatively low-profile freshman sitcoms have filled out the rest of the Top 5: Fox's "Running Wilde" and "Raising Hope," along with CBS' "Mike & Molly."
Rounding out the Top 10: ABC's "My Generation," NBC's "Law & Order: LA," NBC's "Outsourced," ABC's "Secret Millionaire" and NBC's "Love Bites."
Curiously absent: NBC's "The Event," which led the other two surveys.
NewMediaMetrics claims an 85% track record for ranking fall shows according to their eventual Nielsen ratings. Last year, measuring emotional attachment generated this Top 5 list for fall: CBS' "NCIS: Los Angeles," Fox's "The Cleveland Show," CBS' "Accidentally on Purpose," CBS' "The Good Wife" and ABC's "FlashForward."
Three of these were renewed, and "FlashForward" starting out promisingly (the survey missed, however, ABC's breakout "Modern Family").
Among returning shows, the report predicted CBS' "Two and a Half Men" would rank as fall's highest-rated program, followed by the network's "Big Bang Theory" -- despite its move to Thursday nights. In the No. 3 spot, the company predicts Fox's "Glee" will make considerable gains over its ranking last fall.
NewMediaMetrics surveyed more than 3,000 people between the ages of 18-54.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project
- Renee Zellweger Breaks Silence on New Look: 'I'm Glad Folks Think I Look Different'