'True Blood' dips slightly, 'Treme' finale modest
HBO's second episode of "True Blood" dipped in the ratings Sunday night. "Blood" drew 4.3 million viewers, down 16% from last week's high-flying premiere. The show pulled another 1.3 million viewers at 11 p.m. HBO notes "Blood" fell by about the same amount for its second episode last season.
The first season finale for "Treme" (a.k.a. "Viewers Don't Have to Like It As Long As Critics Do") was another story. "Treme" drew a modest 931,000 viewers, plus another 515,000 at midnight. "Treme" launched its season with 1.4 million viewers, then the show dwindled down each week until it landed at 687,000 viewers a couple weeks ago. The return of "True Blood" significantly boosted the show up to 1.2 million last week, but "Treme" clearly didn't retain the additional sampling for its finale.
HBO ordered a second season of "Treme" before the first season had even premiered, cue Nelson's "haaaa-ha."
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag