'True Blood' dips slightly, 'Treme' finale modest
HBO's second episode of "True Blood" dipped in the ratings Sunday night. "Blood" drew 4.3 million viewers, down 16% from last week's high-flying premiere. The show pulled another 1.3 million viewers at 11 p.m. HBO notes "Blood" fell by about the same amount for its second episode last season.
The first season finale for "Treme" (a.k.a. "Viewers Don't Have to Like It As Long As Critics Do") was another story. "Treme" drew a modest 931,000 viewers, plus another 515,000 at midnight. "Treme" launched its season with 1.4 million viewers, then the show dwindled down each week until it landed at 687,000 viewers a couple weeks ago. The return of "True Blood" significantly boosted the show up to 1.2 million last week, but "Treme" clearly didn't retain the additional sampling for its finale.
HBO ordered a second season of "Treme" before the first season had even premiered, cue Nelson's "haaaa-ha."
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!