'Two and a Half Men' Creator Chuck Lorre Taking Break From Writing End Cards
And here's round no. 239.
Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre isn't letting this Charlie Sheen thing go after the highest-paid TV actor said some controversial things about him -- and really, why should he?
(After all, CBS and Warner Bros. TV decided to shut down production on the hit comedy for the rest of the season on Thursday. Is this the last we've seen of Men?)
In tonight's episode of The Big Bang Theory, the 333rd end card -- which display at the end of each episode of Men, Theory and Mike & Molly -- has the showrunner declaring that he'll stop writing them until "things cool off a little." It used to be a fun gag, but until recently, people began noticing them much more. Instead, pictures of body parts!
Remember this old end card where Lorre said if Sheen outlived him, he'd be "really pissed"?
Here's tonight's full end card (which actually said "CENSORED!" when it aired), posted on Chuck Lorre Productions' website:
It was more fun writing these things when I was fairly certain no one was reading them. That is no longer the case. These days it seems like every vanity card is getting scrutinized and criticized by network executives, corporate legal departments and publicity departments, TV journalists and tabloid bloggers. Believe it or not, my musings have been both cheered and jeered by TV Guide! But lately it's gotten out of hand. Which is why I've decided to take a break for a few weeks. Let things cool off a little. Instead of writing short essays that upset people, I've decided to use my one second of network TV to do something simple and hassle-free. Starting with this card, I'm going to display a photograph of a part of my body that is entirely innocuous. No longer will I share some troublesome piece of my mind. Now I will share an actual piece of Chuck that is incapable of offending anyone. You know, a foot, a hand, or maybe a toe. So with that in mind, behold...
(And don't worry, Lorre kept true to his promise and posted a photo of his knuckle.)
The same message first appeared after Monday's Mike & Molly, with a photo of Lorre's elbow.
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot in TV
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014