Two Trainers Joining 'Loser' Next Season
NBC will introduce two new trainers on The Biggest Loser next season as Chief Shouting Specialist Jillian Michaels prepares to step down.
The new trainers, whose names will be announced by NBC next week, will make their debut in a "twist" introduced on Loser when the show returns in January.
Michaels and Bob Harper will also be on next season, which raises the question: What happens in season 12? Three trainers? Or will NBC pick the better of the two new trainers to join Harper permanently? Or some other configuration?
The new trainers will be first seen -- sort of -- in next week's finale. The episode will preview some of the contestants in season 11 and reveal the new trainers in silhouette.
Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels has announced she's leaving the weight-loss reality show at the end of the next season.
"Season 11 of Biggest Loser will be my last :) have to finish out my contract," the trainer said on her Twitter account.
Michaels added that NBC has already found a female trainer replacement.
"They already hired her," Michaels Tweeted. "Using my last season to help launch her in season 11."
Michaels has been a mentor on the program since 2004 and did leave in 2006 -- only to return to the show in dramatic fashion. Her decision to leave this time around surrounds personal reasons.
"I want to take a year off TV and focus on becoming a mommy and doing more charity work," she Tweeted.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot in TV
- TV Review: For the Love of God, Watch The Americans Tonight
- Sundance Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce, and Kevin Corrigan Reinvent the Rom-Com in Andrew Bujalski’s Results
- Watch the Trailer for Amira & Sam, Featuring Paul Wesley in a Very Different Role
- 3-Sentence Reviews: White Columns, Philip Taaffe, and More
- Jennifer Connelly Is 'Aloft' at Sundance Film Festival
- Ewan McGregor Reflects on '90s London Life With Angelina Jolie
- Dianna Agron & Patrick Wilson Have a 'Zipper' Situation at Sundance Film Festival 2015
- Malin Akerman On 'I'll See You In My Dreams' Co-Star Blythe Danner: 'She's A Legend For A Reason'