'Miss Universe' hits all-time ratings low
UPDATED: These ratings aren't going to win any beauty contests: NBC's presentation of the 60th annual Miss Universe Pageant hit an all-time Nielsen low.
Even with those semi-topless promotional photos of pageant contestants on the Internet, the Donald Trump-produced contest was down 10% in the ratings from last year's telecast, which was held on a Sunday.
Miss Universe was seen by 6.1 million viewers and garnered a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49. NBC pointed out this is the network's best ratings in the time period all summer and that the show did not decline among total viewers. A special "Minute to Win It" (5.3 million, 1.6) opened the night.
ABC's "Bachelor Pad" (5.8 million, 2.0) appeared to stabilize after last week's sizable drop, rebounding a tenth of a rating point. Audiences continued to fall off before "Dating in the Dark" (3.7 million, 1.4).
Fox had "Lie to Me" (5.1 million, 1.8), on par with last week.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Cameron Diaz & Benji Madden Enjoy Romantic Seaside Getaway in Italy - See the Pics!
- Obsessed with Beyonce's 'Crazy in Love' From 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer? Boots Explains Reworking the Song with Bey!
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson & Irina Shayk Crush Into Hollywood with 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Game of Thrones' Kit Harington & Rose Leslie Keep Close at LAX