'Miss Universe' hits all-time ratings low
UPDATED: These ratings aren't going to win any beauty contests: NBC's presentation of the 60th annual Miss Universe Pageant hit an all-time Nielsen low.
Even with those semi-topless promotional photos of pageant contestants on the Internet, the Donald Trump-produced contest was down 10% in the ratings from last year's telecast, which was held on a Sunday.
Miss Universe was seen by 6.1 million viewers and garnered a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49. NBC pointed out this is the network's best ratings in the time period all summer and that the show did not decline among total viewers. A special "Minute to Win It" (5.3 million, 1.6) opened the night.
ABC's "Bachelor Pad" (5.8 million, 2.0) appeared to stabilize after last week's sizable drop, rebounding a tenth of a rating point. Audiences continued to fall off before "Dating in the Dark" (3.7 million, 1.4).
Fox had "Lie to Me" (5.1 million, 1.8), on par with last week.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!