VH1 back in dating game with Chad Ochocinco
The network is doing a dating show with Chad Ochocinco where women are ranked and compete like sportsteams (classy).
The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver will star in "The Tournament," with Ochocinco traveling the country meeting 85 potential dates, then narrowingdown the group to four women representing each of the Northern, Western,Southern and Central parts of the country. The 16 finalists will thencompete in a "tournament-style dating competition," with the womanfacing off against each other in double dates.
The deal reteams VH1 with co-producer 51 Minds, the "Megan Wants a Millionaire" production company that last year cast Ryan Jenkins without discovering his violent past. In the wake of the headlines, the network declared it wanted to get away from dating shows.
"Chad Ochocinco's bigger-than-life personality on and off the field and his notorious skills as a social network, connecting daily with his fans, makes him a perfect fit for VH1," said Jeff Olde, the network's executive vp of programming. "This show will not only give viewers a look inside his professional life but also reveal his softer, more romantic side when playing a very different kind of game."
VH1 has ordered 10 episodes from Juma Entertainment and 51 Minds.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014