VH1 back in dating game with Chad Ochocinco
The network is doing a dating show with Chad Ochocinco where women are ranked and compete like sportsteams (classy).
The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver will star in "The Tournament," with Ochocinco traveling the country meeting 85 potential dates, then narrowingdown the group to four women representing each of the Northern, Western,Southern and Central parts of the country. The 16 finalists will thencompete in a "tournament-style dating competition," with the womanfacing off against each other in double dates.
The deal reteams VH1 with co-producer 51 Minds, the "Megan Wants a Millionaire" production company that last year cast Ryan Jenkins without discovering his violent past. In the wake of the headlines, the network declared it wanted to get away from dating shows.
"Chad Ochocinco's bigger-than-life personality on and off the field and his notorious skills as a social network, connecting daily with his fans, makes him a perfect fit for VH1," said Jeff Olde, the network's executive vp of programming. "This show will not only give viewers a look inside his professional life but also reveal his softer, more romantic side when playing a very different kind of game."
VH1 has ordered 10 episodes from Juma Entertainment and 51 Minds.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera