VH1 back in dating game with Chad Ochocinco
The network is doing a dating show with Chad Ochocinco where women are ranked and compete like sportsteams (classy).
The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver will star in "The Tournament," with Ochocinco traveling the country meeting 85 potential dates, then narrowingdown the group to four women representing each of the Northern, Western,Southern and Central parts of the country. The 16 finalists will thencompete in a "tournament-style dating competition," with the womanfacing off against each other in double dates.
The deal reteams VH1 with co-producer 51 Minds, the "Megan Wants a Millionaire" production company that last year cast Ryan Jenkins without discovering his violent past. In the wake of the headlines, the network declared it wanted to get away from dating shows.
"Chad Ochocinco's bigger-than-life personality on and off the field and his notorious skills as a social network, connecting daily with his fans, makes him a perfect fit for VH1," said Jeff Olde, the network's executive vp of programming. "This show will not only give viewers a look inside his professional life but also reveal his softer, more romantic side when playing a very different kind of game."
VH1 has ordered 10 episodes from Juma Entertainment and 51 Minds.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"