VH1 heading to Sunset Strip for new reality show
Exclu: VH1 has ordered a series set at the Saddle Ranch Chop House. The restaurant is known for being packed with attractive locals, reality stars and tourists, some of whom take their chances on the bar's mechanical bull.
The network has ordered eight to 10 half-hour episodes of Saddle Ranch from Bunim-Murray Prods. The series will chronicle the lives of the Hollywood hopefuls working on the restaurant's wait staff. The series will showcase the drama as employees try to outmaneuver each other for the best shifts and positions inside the organization while competing for acting gigs.
The order is one of a few different projects about people working in the service industry, with Comedy Central piloting the scripted comedy Waiting and NBC developing a project with Ben Silverman about children's party entertainers.
Jonathan Murray, Gil Goldschein and Scott Freeman will executive produce the series. Saddle Ranch owner Larry Pollack is also an executive producer. Jeff Olde, Jill Holmes and Sean Boyle are executive producing for VH1.
VH1 is aiming for a spring premiere.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts
- 7 Reasons Weird Al Won the Internet and Topped the Charts
- Dakota Fanning on 'Very Good Girl' Sex Scenes: 'I Wasn’t Very Uncomfortable With It'
- Lily Allen Dedicates 'As Long As I Got You' Music Video to Glastonbury Memories - Watch Now!
- Azealia Banks & Jourdan Dunn Are Navy Ladies for French Connection #NeverMissATrick Launch Party
- Jennifer Hudson Advises 'Don't Expect Respect When You Don't Respect Nothing!'