Video: Bret Michaels gets dropped at Tony Awards
"Rock of Love" star Bret Michaels was knocked flat Sunday night after performing the opening number at the Tony Awards.
Michaels had just finished his 1980s Poison hit "Nothin' But a Good Time" (award show context: the song is in the Broadway musical "Rock of Ages") when, taking a little too long to enjoy the ovation from the crowd, the rocker turned and got smacked in the face by a descending piece of the stage.
His trademark cowboy hat stayed on.
"His number gave headbanging a whole new meaning," quipped Tonys host Neil Patrick Harris.
One report said Michaels suffered bruises to his lips and nose, was sent to receive X-rays after the show and told his publicist, "I’m a trouper. I’ve gotten hit by harder things." While a Tonys spokesperson said the rocker "missed his mark."
First here's the raw video.
And for keyboard cat fans (and there's four hand-picked older KC vids here), here's one with Michaels being played off, with a closeup ...
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts