'Walking Dead' plans global zombie invasion stunt
AMC and Fox International Channels plan a rather ambitious promotional stunt to promote The Walking Dead.
The cable network is staging "zombie attacks" in 26 major cities -- hundreds of extras in zombie makeup roaming landmarks such as the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City, the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C., Big Ben in London, The Prado Museum in Madrid.
The stunts will commence at daybreak in Taipei and Hong Kong on Tuesday, Oct. 26 and moves across the globe during a 24 hour period and culminates at the show’s Los Angeles premiere.
The six-episode series debuts Oct. 31 and the series is going to debut internationally in 120 countries via FIC the same week as the U.S. premiere.
I've seen the first two episodes. If you've watched the four-minute trailer, you have an accurate sense of how well-executed this drama is. Fans of the genre are going to love it. The question is whether it can draw a large enough (read: female) audience. The uncompromising opening scene, which I won't spoil, is going to lose X% of viewers right off the bat. The rest is almost certainly the most gory series ever to air on TV.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)