Whedon plans 'Dollhouse' webisodes
TCA -- Joss Whedon plans to shoot webisodes for his midseason Fox series "Dollhouse."
A lot of them.
"We are planning to do a series of webisodes -- literally a full season of them," Whedon says. "We're planning to do one for every episode produced. Whether we pull that off remains to be seen."
Though producing such a large number of webisodes is unusual -- "Dollhouse" has a 13-episode order, for starters -- having a strong Web component is a natural for the show given Whedon's avid online following.
Webisodes are often used as a promotional ramp-up to a series premiere, or to maintain viewer interest in a show between seasons. But sources say Fox intends to release the three-minute videos throughout the "Dollhouse" first season broadcast run so that each on-air episode may include a tease to a new webisode.
Because Whedon is shooting a new "Dollhouse" pilot, he’s also re-assessing which webisodes he will produce.
"Because of the [pilot] shake-up, we sort of stepped back to figure out which to use," he says. "We have a lot of ideas about specific arcs. We want to do stories around 'Dollhouse' that we can’t get in to the main narrative."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)