William Shatner: CBS should call my show ...
A critic at press tour to William Shatner, here for his upcoming CBS sitcom "$#*! My Dad Says": "With your old-fashioned sensibilities, wouldn't you love for them to change the title?"
Shatner: "Do you know what I wish? I wish they would call it 'Shit [My Dad Says]' (critics clapping). I've got grandchildren. I brought up three girls. They've all got kids. Okay? And you say 'Boopy doo-doo, you've got to make poo-poo. Come on. Make poo-poo in the toilet.' Eventually, 'poo-poo' becomes 'shit.' 'Go take a shit, and you'll feel better.' You say that to your kids. The word 'shit' is around us. It isn't a terrible term. It's a natural function. Why are we pussyfooting?"
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)