Golden Globe Winner Chris Colfer Says, 'Screw That, Kids!' But an Awards Blogger Says: Screw Colfer's Role
Chris Colfer dedicates his first Globe (on his first try) to the kids who hear nothing but "No," but Awards Daily blogger Sasha Stone dumps a Slushie on his head.
Harsh! Most folks went "aww" when Glee's Golden Globe winner Colfer chose to give a shoutout to all the kids out there "who are constantly told no ... by bullies at school [and told] they can't be who they are. Well, screw that, kids!" Well, screw that, major blogger Sasha Stone just tweeted: "Better for gay teens would be an award for not playing a cheap caricature."
In an election, I'll bet this sentiment from Time's James Poniewozik would win: "Good to hear a winner thank the fans and to say something worth saying to them. Applause, Chris Colfer."
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Covering The Race
Scott Feinberg, the lead awards analyst for The Hollywood Reporter, is one of the entertainment industry's most experienced and trusted experts about the Oscars, Emmys and Tonys. He started on the awards beat in 2001, writing for independent websites including his own ScottFeinberg.com before joining the Los Angeles Times and then THR, for which he writes “The Race” blog, which won the LA Press Club’s National Entertainment Journalism Award for best entertainment blog of 2012-2013. A voting member of both the Broadcast Film Critics' Association and Broadcast Television Journalists Association, he is also writing a book about film history for young people for which he has interviewed more than 500 high-profile Hollywood figures whose careers span the silent era through the present.
Follow Scott on Twitter at twitter.com/scottfeinberg.
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro