Alliance Films Picks Up Colin Firth, Cameron Diaz Film 'Gambit' (Berlin)
The movie features a script by Joel and Ethan Coen and is directed by Michael Hoffman.
In one of the first major deals at Berlin's EFM, Alliance Films has picked up the rights to the Colin Firth-Cameron Diaz caper film Gambit for three major territories from FilmNation Entertainment.
Alliance will release the film in Canada via Alliance, in the UK via Momentum Pictures, and in Spain via Aurum Productions.
FilmNation Entertainment is handling the sales, outside the US.
The movie features a script by the Joel and Ethan Coen and is directed by Michael Hoffman (The Last Station).
The movie is due to shoot May in London.
The film centers on a British thief (Firth) who comes up with a fool-proof plan to steal an expensive statue from one of the richest men in the world. His strategy involves the participation of a beautiful woman (Diaz) who happens to be the spitting image of the rich man's late wife. But nothing goes as planned.
Alliance and FilmNation previously collaborated on The King’s Speech with Alliance financing through their first-look deal with See-Saw Films and distributing in its territories while FilmNation handled international sales.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR