Arthouse Films Picks Up 'How Much Does Your Building Weigh Mr. Foster?' (Berlin)
The indie distributor plans a theatrical release this year for the doc about architect Norman Foster from filmmakers Carlos Carcas and Norberto Lopez Amado.
Arthouse Films has acquired all North American rights, plus those in Australia and New Zealand, to the documentary How Much Does Your Building Weigh Mr. Foster? from filmmakers Carlos Carcas and Norberto Lopez Amado. The indie distributor plans a theatrical release this year followed by DVD and digital releases.
The film explores the history, philosophy and influence of architect Norman Foster, who designed Beijing Airport, the Reichstag, the Hearst Building in New York and the world's tallest bridge in Millau, France. Deyan Sudjic produced the U.K.-Spanish co-production; Andres Santana and Imanol Uribe co-produced.
David Koh and Stanley Buchthal negotiated the deal on behalf of Arthouse Films anmd Dakota Group Ltd. with Elena Ochoa Foster of Art Commissioners and Ivorypress on behalf of the filmmakers.
"We are very proud and excited to help present this wonderful film on architect Norman Foster to audiences," said Koh and Buchthal.
Arthouse recently released Lucy Walker's documentary Waste Land.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)