Aruba Film Festival to Take Place June 10-16
Writer-director-producer Claudio Masenza will be back as artistic director.
The second annual Aruba International Film Festival will take place June 10-16, with writer-director-producer Claudio Masenza back in his role as artistic director.
Centered at the Paseo Herencia Entertainment Center, the festival will once again highlight local Caribbean filmmakers in its Spotlight program as well as focus on green initiatives in the movie industry. Sponsored by the Aruban Government and donations from local businesses, the fest also puts on master classes to encourage and educate young Aruban filmmakers.
“AIFF is a good example of how government money is used to support local businesses and to promote the tourist industry on the Island," said fest co-founder and producer Jonathan Vieira. "The festival generated tremendous worldwide publicity for Aruba last year. The great press throughout North America, Europe and South America is a testament not only to the festival but the entire local community who participated and brought it to life as the international media looked on."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR