EXCLUSIVE: Danny Rosett Likely to Follow Chris McGurk to Cinedigm
The two launched Overture Films together, and before that, worked closely at MGM.
The announcement that Chris McGurk is becoming chair-CEO of Cinedigm made no mention of Danny Rosett—but don’t rule out the dynamic duo staying together.
It fact, it’s likely that Rosett will join McGurk at Cinedigm, according to sources. The two men are longtime professional compatriots. Most recently, they launched and ran Overture Films together.
Before that, they worked closely together at MGM, which McGurk led from 1999 to 2005. Rosett was MGM’s president of marketing and distribution before he was appointed to head United Artists for MGM. One of Rosett’s first jobs was at Disney, where he first met McGurk.
So what might Rosett do at Cinedigm? Part of McGurk’s plan is to use Cinedigm’s network of digital screens in mid-size and smaller theaters across the country to feature more independent titles. One way McGurk might do this is to provide a marketing fund for theater owners, or give exhibitors a cut of a film’s ancillary revenues.
Rosett might be just the guy to lead this initiative, so stay tuned.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR