Elizabeth Banks negotiating to star in Alex Kurtzman's 'Welcome to People' (exclusive)
The DreamWorks drama is moving toward an early 2011 shoot.
Elizabeth Banks is negotiating to take on the female lead in Welcome to People, the Dreamworks drama written by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jody Lambert.
Kurtzman will also direct the film, which has Chris Pine (who is on the cover of the new Hollywood Reporter) attached to star as well.
People follows a businessman who returns home after his estranged father's death and discovers that he has an alcoholic sister with a 12-year-old son. Banks will play the sister.
Kurtzman and Orci (Transformers, Star Trek) are producing through their DreamWorks-based Paper Products banner, along with Bobby Cohen.
Banks, who is repped by UTA and Untitled, most recently appeared in The Uninvited, Role Models and W. She next stars in The Next Three Days, which Lionsgate will release next Friday, and she is currently filming the thriller Man on a Ledge for Summit.
Forthcoming films include The Details opposite Tobey Maguire and Laura Linney, and My Idiot Brother opposite Paul Rudd. Banks is also attached to Tink at Disney and the comedy Forever 21 at DreamWorks.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR