EXCLUSIVE: Former Lionsgate Top Exec Sarah Greenberg Joining Weinstein
10:37 AM PST 1/25/2011 by Pamela McClintock
Greenberg will serve as head of publicity and co-head of marketing.
Former Lionsgate co-head of marketing Sarah Greenberg is joining the Weinstein Co. as head of publicity and co-head of marketing. Greenberg is no stranger to Harvey and Bob Weinstein. While at Lionsgate, she worked closely with the brothers on the release of Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11, which Lionsgate distributed for Miramax after Disney dropped the controversial documentary. She’s also well versed in awards campaigning, and was credited with helping Lionsgate nab the Oscar for best picture for Crash. She was subsequently named co-president of marketing, working alongside Tim Palen, although her main emphasis was publicity, while Palen’s was marketing. Greenberg left Lionsgate in December, several months after going on maternity leave. She’s since relocated to New York to be with her husband. The Weinstein Co. couldn't officially comment since the deal is not complete. Greenberg, who insiders say is starting this week, couldn't be reached for comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Weekend of 02/28/2014
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 02/28/2014 Source: Rentrak