EXCLUSIVE: Former Lionsgate Top Exec Sarah Greenberg Joining Weinstein
10:37 AM PST 1/25/2011 by Pamela McClintock
Greenberg will serve as head of publicity and co-head of marketing.
Former Lionsgate co-head of marketing Sarah Greenberg is joining the Weinstein Co. as head of publicity and co-head of marketing. Greenberg is no stranger to Harvey and Bob Weinstein. While at Lionsgate, she worked closely with the brothers on the release of Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11, which Lionsgate distributed for Miramax after Disney dropped the controversial documentary. She’s also well versed in awards campaigning, and was credited with helping Lionsgate nab the Oscar for best picture for Crash. She was subsequently named co-president of marketing, working alongside Tim Palen, although her main emphasis was publicity, while Palen’s was marketing. Greenberg left Lionsgate in December, several months after going on maternity leave. She’s since relocated to New York to be with her husband. The Weinstein Co. couldn't officially comment since the deal is not complete. Greenberg, who insiders say is starting this week, couldn't be reached for comment.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Weekend of 07/18/2014
- Kelly Rowland Buys Belly Bandit For Growing Baby Bump
- Aubrey Plaza Supports Chris Pratt at 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Hollywood Premiere!
- Jason Derulo Hosts Vegas Pool Party While Recovering From a Broken Rib!
- Emma Stone Really Annoyed Colin Firth By Live-Texting Him Details About His 'Bridget Jones' Performance!
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 07/18/2014 Source: Rentrak