Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio Reteaming for 'The Wolf of Wall Street'
The frequent collaborators will announce details about the film at Cannes in May.
Martin Scorsese has come back on to direct The Wolf of Wall Street in his latest collaboration with star Leonardo DiCaprio. Sopranos writer Terry Winter wrote the adaptation of Jordan Belfort's memoir.
Alexandra Milchan, DiCaprio's Appian Way and Scorsese are producing the film, which was originally set up at Warner Bros. with Ridley Scott attached to direct. The producers plan to reveal financing details and the date for the start of production at the Festival de Cannes in May.
The project will detail Belfort's fast-dealing, drug-and-sex-drenched '90s-era tear through the halls of Wall Street, which eventually led to jail time in federal prison for offences related to stock market manipulation.
"After almost four years in development, I can’t begin to tell you how thrilled I am to finally be working with Leo and Marty on this," said Belfort, who's now sober. "They’re the ultimate Dream Team, and it was definitely worth the wait.”
Scorsese is finishing up his latest, Hugo Cabret, for a December release through Sony, which he will follow with an adaptation of the Shusaku Endo novel Silence for Warner Bros. Wall Street could follow. The director is repped by WME and Rick Yorn, who also reps DiCaprio.
DiCaprio, who has worked on four films with Scorsese, is currently shooting J. Edgar with Clint Eastwood directing for Warner Bros.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014