Meryl Streep Reteams With 'Prada' Director David Frankel for 'Great Hope Springs'
The comedy, from Mandate Pictures, aims to begin filming August 2011.
Meryl Streep is reteaming with her The Devil Wears Prada director David Frankel for Great Hope Springs, a comedy from Mandate Pictures.
Guymon Casady of Film 360 and Todd Black of Escape Artists are producing the project, whose Vanessa Taylor-penned script was on the Blacklist.
It centers on a middle-aged couple who after thirty years of marriage attend an intense counseling weekend to examine the intimacy issues that are threatening their marriage.
Mandate hopes to get cameras rolling in August 2011.
Film 360 and Escape Artist teamed up for the project, approaching Mandate for finanacing. Lionsgate will be handling international sales.
Mandate president Nathan Kahane, Escape Artists’ Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch will executive produce. Mandate’s Lawrence Grey will co-produce. Escape Artists’ Chris Coggins and Lance Johnson will serve as associate producers.
CAA-repped Streep is currently shooting The Iron Lady, based on the life of Margaret Thatcher
Frankel is repped by WME and Anonymous Content while Taylor is repped by UTA and Management 360.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR