EXCLUSIVE: Olivia Wilde Cast in 'Welcome to People'
The 'Tron: Legacy' actress joins Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks in the family drama from Alex Kurtzman.
Olivia Wilde is DreamWorks’ kind of people.
The actress, who stars in the studio’s forthcoming summer tentpole Cowboys & Aliens, has just been cast in Welcome to People. She joins Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks in the family drama about a businessman (Pine) who returns home after his estranged father’s death and discovers that he has an alcoholic sister (Banks) with a 12-year-old son. Wilde will play Hannah, the Pine character's girlfriend.
Star Trek and Cowboys co-writer Alex Kurtzman is directing the film from a screenplay he wrote with regular collaborator Roberto Orci, and Jody Lambert. It’s Kurtzman’s directorial debut.
Kurtzman and Orci are producing through their DreamWorks-based Paper Products banner, along with Bobby Cohen. Production is scheduled to begin in L.A. this month.
The WME-repped Wilde most recently appeared in The Next Three Days and Tron: Legacy. She will next star in the sci-fi actioner Cowboys & Aliens in July, the Universal comedy The Change-Up in August and the Fox/New Regency sci-fi thriller Now in September.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR