EXCLUSIVE: Olivia Wilde Cast in 'Welcome to People'
The 'Tron: Legacy' actress joins Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks in the family drama from Alex Kurtzman.
Olivia Wilde is DreamWorks’ kind of people.
The actress, who stars in the studio’s forthcoming summer tentpole Cowboys & Aliens, has just been cast in Welcome to People. She joins Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks in the family drama about a businessman (Pine) who returns home after his estranged father’s death and discovers that he has an alcoholic sister (Banks) with a 12-year-old son. Wilde will play Hannah, the Pine character's girlfriend.
Star Trek and Cowboys co-writer Alex Kurtzman is directing the film from a screenplay he wrote with regular collaborator Roberto Orci, and Jody Lambert. It’s Kurtzman’s directorial debut.
Kurtzman and Orci are producing through their DreamWorks-based Paper Products banner, along with Bobby Cohen. Production is scheduled to begin in L.A. this month.
The WME-repped Wilde most recently appeared in The Next Three Days and Tron: Legacy. She will next star in the sci-fi actioner Cowboys & Aliens in July, the Universal comedy The Change-Up in August and the Fox/New Regency sci-fi thriller Now in September.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Ready to let go of "Let It Go" ? Disney isn't. Mouse has five year plan for "Frozen" franchise
- 'True Blood' Turns Ted Cruz Fundraiser At George W. Bush Library Into A Bloodbath (SPOILER ALERT)
- Dear Governor Cuomo: A Conversation with Natalie Merchant, Plus Catching Up with Freda Payne
- Rob Reiner on the Middle-Age Love Story 'And So It Goes'