EXCLUSIVE: Olivia Wilde Cast in 'Welcome to People'
The 'Tron: Legacy' actress joins Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks in the family drama from Alex Kurtzman.
Olivia Wilde is DreamWorks’ kind of people.
The actress, who stars in the studio’s forthcoming summer tentpole Cowboys & Aliens, has just been cast in Welcome to People. She joins Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks in the family drama about a businessman (Pine) who returns home after his estranged father’s death and discovers that he has an alcoholic sister (Banks) with a 12-year-old son. Wilde will play Hannah, the Pine character's girlfriend.
Star Trek and Cowboys co-writer Alex Kurtzman is directing the film from a screenplay he wrote with regular collaborator Roberto Orci, and Jody Lambert. It’s Kurtzman’s directorial debut.
Kurtzman and Orci are producing through their DreamWorks-based Paper Products banner, along with Bobby Cohen. Production is scheduled to begin in L.A. this month.
The WME-repped Wilde most recently appeared in The Next Three Days and Tron: Legacy. She will next star in the sci-fi actioner Cowboys & Aliens in July, the Universal comedy The Change-Up in August and the Fox/New Regency sci-fi thriller Now in September.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills