EXCLUSIVE: Olivia Wilde Cast in 'Welcome to People'
The 'Tron: Legacy' actress joins Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks in the family drama from Alex Kurtzman.
Olivia Wilde is DreamWorks’ kind of people.
The actress, who stars in the studio’s forthcoming summer tentpole Cowboys & Aliens, has just been cast in Welcome to People. She joins Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks in the family drama about a businessman (Pine) who returns home after his estranged father’s death and discovers that he has an alcoholic sister (Banks) with a 12-year-old son. Wilde will play Hannah, the Pine character's girlfriend.
Star Trek and Cowboys co-writer Alex Kurtzman is directing the film from a screenplay he wrote with regular collaborator Roberto Orci, and Jody Lambert. It’s Kurtzman’s directorial debut.
Kurtzman and Orci are producing through their DreamWorks-based Paper Products banner, along with Bobby Cohen. Production is scheduled to begin in L.A. this month.
The WME-repped Wilde most recently appeared in The Next Three Days and Tron: Legacy. She will next star in the sci-fi actioner Cowboys & Aliens in July, the Universal comedy The Change-Up in August and the Fox/New Regency sci-fi thriller Now in September.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Cameron Diaz & Benji Madden Enjoy Romantic Seaside Getaway in Italy - See the Pics!
- Obsessed with Beyonce's 'Crazy in Love' From 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer? Boots Explains Reworking the Song with Bey!
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson & Irina Shayk Crush Into Hollywood with 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Game of Thrones' Kit Harington & Rose Leslie Keep Close at LAX