Ray Liotta Dealt Into 'Cogan's Trade'
The "Goodfellas" actor joins Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini and Javier Bardem in writer-director Andrew Dominik's adaptation of the 1974 George V. Higgins novel.
Ray Liotta is the most recent actor to join the cast of the crime thriller Cogan's Trade.
Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini, Javier Bardem, Sam Rockwell, Casey Affleck, Mark Ruffalo, Vincent Curatola and Richard Jenkins also star in writer-director Andrew Dominik's adaptation of the 1974 George V. Higgins novel.
Pitt's Jackie Cogan is a professional enforcer who must investigate a heist that took place during a high-stakes poker game under protection of the mob. Liotta will play Mark "Markie" Trattman, the unfortunate hustler who runs the game in a motel room and finds things only going downhill from there.
The Weinstein Co. and Pitt’s Plan B Entertainment are producing the project, which will begin shooting in New Orleans later this month for an early 2012 release.
Repped by UTA and Untitled Entertainment, Liotta recently appeared in the Sundance premieres The Son of No One and The Details. He will next appear in the Universal comedy Wanderlust, which hits theaters in October.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'