Ray Liotta Dealt Into 'Cogan's Trade'
The "Goodfellas" actor joins Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini and Javier Bardem in writer-director Andrew Dominik's adaptation of the 1974 George V. Higgins novel.
Ray Liotta is the most recent actor to join the cast of the crime thriller Cogan's Trade.
Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini, Javier Bardem, Sam Rockwell, Casey Affleck, Mark Ruffalo, Vincent Curatola and Richard Jenkins also star in writer-director Andrew Dominik's adaptation of the 1974 George V. Higgins novel.
Pitt's Jackie Cogan is a professional enforcer who must investigate a heist that took place during a high-stakes poker game under protection of the mob. Liotta will play Mark "Markie" Trattman, the unfortunate hustler who runs the game in a motel room and finds things only going downhill from there.
The Weinstein Co. and Pitt’s Plan B Entertainment are producing the project, which will begin shooting in New Orleans later this month for an early 2012 release.
Repped by UTA and Untitled Entertainment, Liotta recently appeared in the Sundance premieres The Son of No One and The Details. He will next appear in the Universal comedy Wanderlust, which hits theaters in October.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki And 2 Congressmen Plan Protest Of 'The Death of Klinghoffer' At Metropolitan Opera
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized