Robert Redford Teases New Doc Premiere Section Coming to Sundance
Sundance founder and fest fixture posted some early thoughts on the 2011 festival on the Institute's website today.
The 2011 Sundance Film Festival is less than two months away, and the official line-up and competition films will be made public next Wednesday and Thursday. Check here at Risky for the full listings.
In the meantime, Sundance Institute founder and fest fixture Robert Redford posted some early thoughts on the Sundance website today, including the announcement of "a new documentary premiere section that’s a nod to the continued evolution of nonfiction film."
Sundance has always trafficked in documentaries -- Davis Guggenheim's Waiting for "Superman nabbed distribution with Paramount Vantage in the first moments of last year's fest -- so the renewed focus isn't surprising. But we'll have to wait and see what the parameters are for the new section.
Here's the rest of Redford's post.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR