IT'S A SIGN: WME Snags 'Percy Jackson' Director Chris Columbus
The "Home Alone" director finds his own new agency home.
WME has signed director-producer Chris Columbus.
Columbus last directed and produced the Fox fantasy film Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, which grossed $227 million worldwide earlier this year. Since moving on from the Harry Potter franchise after directing the first two films, Columbus hasn't had a good run. His previous films, the 2009 high school comedy I Love You, Beth Cooper and the 2005 adaptation of Rent, bombed.
But his resume boasts Mrs. Doubtfire, Stepmom, Home Alone, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. So he's a reliable helmer who can handle a variety of material. At the moment, he is producing the DreamWorks adaptation of The Help, which hits theaters in August.
Columbus had been repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game