EXCLUSIVE: Sundance Breakout Elizabeth Olsen Lands Next Role
The 'Martha Marcy May Marlene' actress will co-star with Robert De Niro and Sigourney Weaver in the Rodrigo Cortes-directed thriller 'Red Lights.'
Coming off of rave reviews for her Sundance debut in Martha Marcy May Marlene, actress Elizabeth Olsen has chosen her next project: Buried director Rodrigo Cortes' Red Lights.
Olsen joins the previously cast Robert De Niro, Sigourney Weaver and Cillian Murphy in what she describes as a “thriller about paranormal activity.” A psychology junkie, Olsen sparked to the project after “reading script after script after script.”
“Robert plays a world renowned psychic and Sigourney is a psychology professor, and I play her student,” says Olsen. “Cillian Murphy is my love interest, though that’s not a huge part of the story.” READ: Elizabeth Olsen Q & A.
The Gersh-repped Olsen, who is currently studying psychology at New York University, will take another break from school to shoot the film, which is currently in pre-production and is being funded primarily by investors in Cortes’ native Spain. The Barcelona-based Versus Entertainment also produced Buried.
“I’m so lucky that school is always there for me when I take these little breaks,” says Olsen, who also appears in the Sundance premiere Silent House. “But my education is always a priority."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR