Sundance Film Festival Adds 'Silent House' to Lineup
The psychological thriller from the makers of 'Open Water' stars newcomer Elizabeth Olsen (younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley).
The Sundance Film Festival added one more film to its 2011 lineup Tuesday: Chris Kentis and Laura Lau's Silent House. The psychological thriller will have its world premiere as part of the Park City at Midnight program.
Kentis and Lau screened their shark-infested second film, Open Water, at the 2004 festival. In Silent House, the filmmakers, who both direct from Lau's screenplay, employ a single continuous camera shot to track the descent into madness of a young woman trapped in an unnerving nightmare. The movie is based on the Uruguayan film La Casa Muda.
Adam Trese, Eric Sheffer Stevens, Julia Taylor Ross, Haley Murphy and Adam Barnett make up the cast, but newcomer Elizabeth Olsen (younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley) stars. This makes two challenging roles in Sundance films for Olsen, who is poised for a breakout (the other is Sean Durkin's competition film Martha Marcy May Marlene).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game