Sundance Film Festival Adds 'Silent House' to Lineup
The psychological thriller from the makers of 'Open Water' stars newcomer Elizabeth Olsen (younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley).
The Sundance Film Festival added one more film to its 2011 lineup Tuesday: Chris Kentis and Laura Lau's Silent House. The psychological thriller will have its world premiere as part of the Park City at Midnight program.
Kentis and Lau screened their shark-infested second film, Open Water, at the 2004 festival. In Silent House, the filmmakers, who both direct from Lau's screenplay, employ a single continuous camera shot to track the descent into madness of a young woman trapped in an unnerving nightmare. The movie is based on the Uruguayan film La Casa Muda.
Adam Trese, Eric Sheffer Stevens, Julia Taylor Ross, Haley Murphy and Adam Barnett make up the cast, but newcomer Elizabeth Olsen (younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley) stars. This makes two challenging roles in Sundance films for Olsen, who is poised for a breakout (the other is Sean Durkin's competition film Martha Marcy May Marlene).
Fall TV Preview
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding