SUNDANCE: 'The Future' and 'The Devil's Double' Both Inching Toward Deals
Miranda July's new film and the Lee Tamahori-directed drama both have buyers circling.
The outcome isn’t quite clear yet, but The Future is looking bright.
Writer-director Miranda July’s latest Sundance entry – it had its world premiere Friday at the Eccles Theatre as part of the Premieres section – is fielding a multitude of interest from buyers as of Monday night. IFC Films, Oscilloscope Laboratories and Roadside Attractions have all put in bids, while Fox Searchlight and Sony Pictures Classics have also expressed their fondness for the film.
More to come as a deal nears completion.
Meanwhile, the Lee Tamahori-directed drama The Devil’s Double also has buyers circling despite its rampant cruelty and violence. Several acquisitions execs hustled to a follow-up screening Monday night to take a look. Sources indicate that Relativity Media and Fox Searchlight have expressed interest, though Searchlight has already dropped cash on three Sundance properties in the past two days.
A deal could close in the next 24 hours. Stay alert.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak