SUNDANCE: IFC Films Cuts Deal for 'Perfect Sense'
The David Mackenzie-directed romantic thriller, which stars Ewan McGregor and Eva Green, had its premiere Monday night at the Eccles Theatre.
IFC Films has purchased North American rights to the David Mackenzie-directed drama Perfect Sense.
Ewan McGregor and Eva Green star in the Premieres section film, which had its world premiere Monday night at the Eccles Theatre. Kim Fupz Aakeson wrote the British-made romantic thriller, which takes place amid a global pandemic that affects people's emotions and senses.
Gillian Berrie and Malte Grunert produced the film, which also stars Connie Nielsen, Ewen Bremner, Stephen Dillane and Denis Lawson.
"Perfect Sense is a beautiful and sexy love story brought to life by the wonderfully appealing performances of Ewan MacGregor and Eva Green," said Sundance Selects/IFC president Jonathan Sehring. "We look forward to working with them and David Mackenzie to bring this haunting apocalyptic story of the world gone wrong to American audiences."
IFC exec Arianna Bocco negotiated the deal with WME Global's Liesl Copland and TrustNordisk on behalf of the filmmakers.
The indie distributor also picked up the dramatic competition thriller The Ledge for about $1 million earlier in the week.
Mackenzie's previous film, Spread, screened at the Sundance fest in 2009.
2014 Emmy Awards
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup