SUNDANCE: Participant Media Grabs North American Rights to 'Circumstance'
Maryam Keshavarz’s story of an Iranian teenager’s sexual rebellion amid present-day Iran’s youth culture had its world premiere Saturday morning.
On the heels of its partnership with Magnolia Pictures on the acquisition of the documentary Page One: A Year Inside The New York Times, Participant Media has picked up North American rights to the dramatic competition film Circumstance.
Debut writer-director Maryam Keshavarz’s story of an Iranian teenager’s sexual rebellion amid present-day Iran’s youth culture had its world premiere Saturday morning at the Library Center Theatre. Keshavarz also produced the film along with Karin Chien and Melissa M. Lee; Christina Won served as executive producer.
Participant plans to find a domestic distribution partner for the film.
Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group repped the filmmakers in the deal.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!