SUNDANCE: Participant Media Grabs North American Rights to 'Circumstance'
Maryam Keshavarz’s story of an Iranian teenager’s sexual rebellion amid present-day Iran’s youth culture had its world premiere Saturday morning.
On the heels of its partnership with Magnolia Pictures on the acquisition of the documentary Page One: A Year Inside The New York Times, Participant Media has picked up North American rights to the dramatic competition film Circumstance.
Debut writer-director Maryam Keshavarz’s story of an Iranian teenager’s sexual rebellion amid present-day Iran’s youth culture had its world premiere Saturday morning at the Library Center Theatre. Keshavarz also produced the film along with Karin Chien and Melissa M. Lee; Christina Won served as executive producer.
Participant plans to find a domestic distribution partner for the film.
Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group repped the filmmakers in the deal.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Dakota Johnson Compares 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Sex Scenes to Acrobatics!
- Eva Longoria: The Way Child Refugee Crisis Is Being Handled is Un-American
- Brit Marling's First Movie She Remembers Seeing is 'Princess Bride'
- 24's Kiefer Sutherland & Last Ship's Eric Dane Present Their Shows at Comic-Con 2014!