SUNDANCE: Sony Acquires Morgan Spurlock's 'Greatest Movie Ever Sold'
11:11 AM PST 1/20/2011 by THR staff
The meta-documentary opens in the U.S. in April.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions has acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to Morgan Spurlock’s The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, it was announced Thursday by SPWA president Steve Bersch.The Hollywood Reporter first reported that Sony was in active pursuit of the meta-docu which looks at product placement, branding and advertising in entertainment, with an eye toward making a pre-emptive buy before the movie's world premiere Saturday at the Sundance Film Festival. Sony Pictures Classics, Sony's specialty division, will release the film in the U.S. in April. In addition to directing, Spurlock wrote the movie with Jeremy Chilnik. It was produced by Spurlock, Chilnik and Abbie Hurewitz through Spurlock's production company, Warrior Poets, alongside Snoot Entertainment producers Keith Calder and Jessica Wu. The deal was made by SPWA's Scott Shooman and Michael Helfand with CAA.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
Weekend of 08/15/2014
- The Power Rangers And Cookie Monster Fight To The Death, Naturally
- What The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Can Teach Us About Email Marketing
- Horatio Sanz On 'Saturday Night Live's' Politics: 'We Dropped The Ball' On Going After The Right
- Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother, Stephen Angelo Simpson, Arrested For Alleged Stabbing
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Hubby Marco Perego Step Out for Sunny Stroll After Taking On the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Kourtney Kardashian: Mason & Penelope Love North West So Much!
- Gisele Bundchen Once Again Tops Forbes' List of Highest Paid Models, Has Had #1 Spot Since 2002!
- Robbie Amell Engaged To 'Chasing Life' Star Italia Ricci!
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 08/15/2014 Source: Rentrak