Todd Phillips and Aaron Sorkin Slam the WGA at THR Awards Roundtable (video)
WGA members share their disgust for the union and its credits system.
An otherwise funny and informative discussion about the screenwriting life took a turn for the confrontational when THR awards round table participants Todd Phillips (Due Date) and Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network) took angry swings at the Writers Guild of America.
Phillips begins by making a case that his Due Date star Robert Downey Jr. deserves credit for contributing to the script. Then he goes off on the guild more generally, which prompts Sorkin to make his own pointed case against the union.
The punchline? Sitting between them is John Wells (The Company Men), who is currently the president of the WGA West and sits quietly while Phillips calls the union and its membership "their own worst enemy."
You can check out the full roundtable video. And you can find the rest of the in-depth roundtable with Phillips, Sorkin, Wells, Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3), Simon Beaufoy (127 Hours) and David Lindsay-Abaire (Rabbit Hole) in the current print issue of THR.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR