Tribeca Film Acquires Rights to David Rosenthal's 'Janie Jones'
The Abigail Breslin and Elisabeth Shue starrer will be distributed in select markets and on video-on-demand this summer.
Tribeca Film has acquired the rights to rock'n'roll road trip film Janie Jones.
It stars Abigail Breslin, Alessandro Nivola, Elisabeth Shue, and Brittany Snow. Breslin and Nivola will duet onscreen.
The film will be distributed in select markets, as well as on video-on-demand, this summer.
The movie, which drew praise at the 2010 Toronto Film Fest, follows a 13-year-old girl left in the custody of her drug addicted, burned out rock star father when her mom checks into rehab.
Janie Jones was written and directed by David Rosenthal, whose own life experiences inspired the story.
“This film is incredibly dear to me,” said Rosenthal in a statement. “I didn’t meet my daughter until she was eleven years old and it was perhaps the most profound moment in my life. Janie Jones captures that emotion. So, knowing Tribeca Film is treating the release of the film with such care is a great comfort to me – not to mention very exciting.”
The film was produced by Unified Pictures founder and president Keith Kjarval and Eric Bassett. Nick Savva, director, acquisitions for Tribeca Film, negotiated the deal with Kjarval along with CAA.
Read the full release, after the jump.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game