Tribeca Film Acquires Rights to David Rosenthal's 'Janie Jones'
The Abigail Breslin and Elisabeth Shue starrer will be distributed in select markets and on video-on-demand this summer.
Tribeca Film has acquired the rights to rock'n'roll road trip film Janie Jones.
It stars Abigail Breslin, Alessandro Nivola, Elisabeth Shue, and Brittany Snow. Breslin and Nivola will duet onscreen.
The film will be distributed in select markets, as well as on video-on-demand, this summer.
The movie, which drew praise at the 2010 Toronto Film Fest, follows a 13-year-old girl left in the custody of her drug addicted, burned out rock star father when her mom checks into rehab.
Janie Jones was written and directed by David Rosenthal, whose own life experiences inspired the story.
“This film is incredibly dear to me,” said Rosenthal in a statement. “I didn’t meet my daughter until she was eleven years old and it was perhaps the most profound moment in my life. Janie Jones captures that emotion. So, knowing Tribeca Film is treating the release of the film with such care is a great comfort to me – not to mention very exciting.”
The film was produced by Unified Pictures founder and president Keith Kjarval and Eric Bassett. Nick Savva, director, acquisitions for Tribeca Film, negotiated the deal with Kjarval along with CAA.
Read the full release, after the jump.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- The Killing's Mireille Enos Welcomes Second Child with Husband Alan Ruck!
- Pippa Middleton Gets Back to Work After Attending Nephew Prince George's 1st Birthday Bash!
- Taylor Schilling Is Such a Sweetheart to Fans at 'Letterman'!
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer, Starring Dakota Johnson & Jamie Dornan, Will Be Released Tomorrow!