'True Blood' Creator Alan Ball to Direct Dark Comedy
Ball originated the idea and developed it with Elan Mastai; duo has sold the pitch to Paramount.
Elan Mastai has sold a dark comedy pitch to Paramount that has True Blood creator Alan Ball on board to direct.
Ball, who originated the idea and developed it with Mastai, will also produce, which makes the project his first solo-produced feature through his banner, Your Face Goes Here Entertainment. Already in business with Paramount on another untitled comedy project, Mastai will write the screenplay.
Repped by Gersh and Principato Young Management, Mastai has his original screenplay "The F-Word" in development at Fox Searchlight and a break-up comedy with This American Life host Ira Glass set up at Paramount.
The UTA-repped Ball last wrote and directed Towelhead, which had its world premiere at the Toronto film festival in 2007.
The news was first reported on Deadline.com.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
- Free Yourselves From the Shackles of Spoilers! Life Is Too Short.
- I Want Rom-Com TV to Flourish, But ABC’s Manhattan Love Story Is Not Helping at All
- Watch the Trailer for Taken 3, Which Is Actually Called Tak3n
- The Creators of Family Guy Must Have a Major Inferiority Complex When It Comes to The Simpsons
- Tracy Morgan Responds to Walmart: I Can't Believe They Are Blaming Me For the Accident
- Justin Bieber Grabs Dinner with Kendall Jenner in Paris
- Aretha Franklin Sings 'Rolling in the Deep' Live & Totally Kills It - Watch Now!
- Channing Tatum & His Huge Muscles Continue Filming 'Magic Mike XXL' - See the New Photos!
Weekend Box Office
6. No Good Deed