'True Blood' Creator Alan Ball to Direct Dark Comedy
Ball originated the idea and developed it with Elan Mastai; duo has sold the pitch to Paramount.
Elan Mastai has sold a dark comedy pitch to Paramount that has True Blood creator Alan Ball on board to direct.
Ball, who originated the idea and developed it with Mastai, will also produce, which makes the project his first solo-produced feature through his banner, Your Face Goes Here Entertainment. Already in business with Paramount on another untitled comedy project, Mastai will write the screenplay.
Repped by Gersh and Principato Young Management, Mastai has his original screenplay "The F-Word" in development at Fox Searchlight and a break-up comedy with This American Life host Ira Glass set up at Paramount.
The UTA-repped Ball last wrote and directed Towelhead, which had its world premiere at the Toronto film festival in 2007.
The news was first reported on Deadline.com.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR