The 10 most interesting Oscar-related lawsuits ever
10:56 AM PST 12/21/2010 by Eriq Gardner
- Disney sues the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, alleging that the infamous Rob Lowe-Snow White duet at the 1989 Oscars was unflattering to the beloved character and lacked permission.
- The Academy sues a chocolatier in North Hollywood who made chocolate Oscar figurines of a former Sony Pictures president.
- "Crash" producer Bob Yari sues the Academy after being denied an official producer's credit on the Oscar ballot, making him ineligible to receive a statue.
- The Academy sues the operator of "Oscarwatch," alleging that a website that predicts the winners violates its trademark.
- The Academy sues the "Hackademy Awards," an annual event going on for more than a decade that highlights how tobacco use in movies influences young people. The Academy also sues an Italian TV station trying to broadcast "The Wine Oscars," "TV Oscars," "Fashion Oscars" and "Theater Oscars."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 04/11/2014 Source: Rentrak