2nd woman sues Dr. Phil for false imprisonment, brainwashing
It was bizarre enough that one woman had filed a lawsuit accusing "Dr. Phil" McGraw and producers of his popular self-help show of imprisoning her with a naked man. Now a second woman has come forward, filing an equally crazy-sounding lawsuit today in Los Angeles Superior Court.
The woman, Crystal Matchett of Canton, Michigan, filed the case without a lawyer and mimics the language in the lawsuit filed last week by Shirley Dieu. She says she too was "brainwashed" and required to sit in Dr. Phil's production office with a naked man "who was exposing his entire naked body, genitals and all." (hysterical underlining again hers, not ours). Causes of action include fraud and intentional infliction of emotional distress in addition to false imprisonment.
McGraw issued a statement calling the first lawsuit "without merit."
Damages aren't specified.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR