Ari Emanuel Argues Over Piracy at Web Summit (Video)
Check out this video of William Morris Endeavor's Ari Emanuel, who went into the valley of the beast -- Silicon Valley, to be exact -- and knocked the Obama administration hard for not moving "more aggressively" to combat piracy. Emanuel said he even told his brother, former Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, not to come to him expecting a big book advance because piracy had eroded book sales too much.
Ari was questioned by Web 2.0 Summit organizer and tech book publisher Tim O'Reilly about whether Hollywood is pricing its content appropriately in the new digital age. The two then get into an argument about what's fair. Emanuel focuses on the basic illegitimacy of theft. O'Reilly hits back that Hollywood's business model is all wrong.
"Really, you're telling me that everybody will pay you if it's a fair price," Emanuel said. "You got to stop drinking so much wine. That is crazy! That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard."
The exchange is pretty amusing.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR