Charlie Sheen: Could He Sue to Return to 'Two and a Half Men?'
9:31 AM PST 2/16/2011 by Matthew Belloni
The actor wants to come back to work, but CBS and Warner Bros are hesitating.
Since Charlie Sheen went public with his desire to return immediately to Two and a Half Men, speculation has centered on when the CBS hit will go back into production.“Charlie wants to come back; the crew’s itching to come back,” a Men source says. “It feels to me like we’re getting a little closer to determining a return date.” CBS and Warner Bros. Television have been trying to express concern for Sheen’s well-being without appearing to enable bad behavior by allowing him to return to work. But the financial stakes couldn’t be higher. That was clear when the show was put on hiatus, as CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves personally accompanied Warners honcho Bruce Rosenblum to Sheen’s house to convey the decision. Insiders claim Sheen was apologetic at that time. If so, he is now taking a more adversarial posture. Some even wonder whether he can exert legal pressure to return to work. “If he’s not interfering with the show - which is a big if - then they’ve potentially breached the contract if they’re not allowing him to perform,” litigator Michael Plonsker says.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 02/28/2014 Source: Rentrak