Charlie Sheen: Could He Sue to Return to 'Two and a Half Men?'
9:31 AM PST 2/16/2011 by Matthew Belloni
The actor wants to come back to work, but CBS and Warner Bros are hesitating.
Since Charlie Sheen went public with his desire to return immediately to Two and a Half Men, speculation has centered on when the CBS hit will go back into production.“Charlie wants to come back; the crew’s itching to come back,” a Men source says. “It feels to me like we’re getting a little closer to determining a return date.” CBS and Warner Bros. Television have been trying to express concern for Sheen’s well-being without appearing to enable bad behavior by allowing him to return to work. But the financial stakes couldn’t be higher. That was clear when the show was put on hiatus, as CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves personally accompanied Warners honcho Bruce Rosenblum to Sheen’s house to convey the decision. Insiders claim Sheen was apologetic at that time. If so, he is now taking a more adversarial posture. Some even wonder whether he can exert legal pressure to return to work. “If he’s not interfering with the show - which is a big if - then they’ve potentially breached the contract if they’re not allowing him to perform,” litigator Michael Plonsker says.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 07/18/2014 Source: Rentrak