Foo Fighters Battle Marvel's Fighters Over Songs in Trailer
The Foo Fighters vs. The X-Men. One hairy lead man (Dave Grohl) vs. another (Wolverine). We'll take animal-keen supersenses and healing powers over contemporary pop-rock sensibilities any day, but apparently the Foos think they've got the edge in this battle.
Roswell Records and the members of the Foo Fighters are suing Marvel Studios in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles for allegedly including two songs, "Best of You" and "Free Me," in the trailer to an animated television series based on the popular X-Men franchise called "Wolverine and the X-Men." This complaint says the trailer received 20,000 views during its the first few days on YouTube.
The plaintiffs, represented by Howard King of King Holmes Paterno & Berliner, seek unspecified damages.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)