Hollywood Docket: 'Batman', 'Sex and the City' Porn Parodies
11:11 AM PST 1/4/2011 by Eriq Gardner
- The case of Donald Duck the Groper is headed to trial. A woman claims that her breasts were fondled by a costumed Donald at Disney's Epcot theme park. A Pennsylvania judge declined Disney's motion to dismiss the lawsuit on jurisdictional grounds. [AP]
- BJK Entertainment, a concert promoter, claims in a new lawsuit against DiLeo Entertainment, that it was defrauded of $171,000 after being promised an "Eddie Griffin & Jamie Foxx Comedy Tour." [Here's the complaint]
- Martin Garbus, the well-known First Amendment lawyer, is now representing Oksana Grigorieva in her child custody dispute with Mel Gibson, despite some objections from the Gibson camp. [NYT]
- The IRS has placed a lien on Val Kilmer's property for allegedly owing nearly $500,000 in federal taxes. [AP]
- New laws in Italy say user-generated video websites like YouTube are broadcast channels for purposes of legal treatment. [La Repubblica]
- Lawsuits targeting more than 7,000 defendants accused of pirating porn have been dismissed by a West Virginia judge. One of the cases concerned the movie Batman XXX: A Porn Parody. On the other side of the ledger, lawsuits targeting nearly 13,000 defendants accused of pirating porn have been filed in the last week in California. One of the cases entailed the movie Sex and the City: The Original XXX Parody. Here's the complaint.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 03/07/2014 Source: Rentrak