Hollywood Docket: Billie Jean vs. Michael Jackson Judge; FCC Gets Noisy; J-Woww vs. Trademark
11:57 AM PDT 10/20/2010 by THR staff
- A woman named Billie Jean is suing the judge who threw out her paternity case against Michael Jackson. Billie Jean Jackson has filed a $600 million lawsuit against Judge Mitchell Beckloff for discrimination, emotional distress and prejudice after he failed to order a DNA test to establish whether her child was the late pop singer's son. Her chances of getting $600 million are probably about the same as Michael Jackson coming back to life. [Radar]
- Today in the Cablevision/Fox carriage war: The FCC tells the parties that "the time for petty gamesmanship is over" while Fox lobbies Republicans to send a letter to the FCC warning it to stay out of the fight. [LAT/Politico]
- The German version of To Catch a Predator is no less legally troublesome than the U.S. version. The show, which attempts to nab pedophiles in the act of solicitation, has come under fire from the country's child protection groups, the justice minister and other lawyers. [Guardian]
- J-Woww may be the only Jersey Shore star to have successfully trademarked her name, but the rights only go so far. She reportedly had to close a website featuring a risque couture collection thanks to trademark issues with another party. [Radar]
- Soap star Hunter Tylo, who once was awarded $4.8 million in a pregnancy discrimination case against producers of Melrose Place, has been ordered by a Las Vegas judge to pay $885,000 to a therapist she sued for negligent treatment of her children. [OnPoint]
- Yesterday, the FCC tweeted that it was "filling in the baseball void for those without Fox-Cablevision" by providing live coverage of the Phillies-Giants game. Yes, the agency actually posted updates of the game on its Twitter feed. In response, some snarky commentators wondered whether the FCC was violating the law by providing the "rebroadcast, retransmission, or account of this game, without the express written consent of Major League Baseball." Oops.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 03/07/2014 Source: Rentrak