Hollywood Docket: Challenge to BitTorrent litigation; NBC affiliates want sports; Lindsay 'milkaholic' suit update
11:00 AM PST 12/21/2010 by Matt Belloni
- A judge handling one of the lawsuits targeting thousands of alleged BitTorrent pirates wants to hear more arguments over whether joining a massive amount of "John Does" at once is proper under federal civil procedure. [Ars Technica]
- NBC affiliates have told the FCC that one of the conditions on approval of Comcast's acquisition of NBCU should be a commitment to keep sports on the network. [LAT]
- A bipartisan group of 40 congressmen have signed a letter expressing "significant concern" over the potential box office futures market. [THR]
- E-Trade is challenging whether Lindsay Lohan properly filed her "milkaholic" lawsuit in the correct jurisdiction because she doesn't live in Nassau County, New York. [NYP]
- Sad news: Veteran media attorney Ronald Konecky has died at the age of 80. A counsel at Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz for the past 25 years, he represented some of the biggest names in the TV news business including Walter Cronkite, Don Hewitt, and Barbara Walters. He also served on the boards of the American Theatre Wing and the New Dramatists and spent time in-house at MCA Artists. [THR]
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Benedict Cumberbatch & Keira Knightley Dance in 'Imitation Game' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Michelle Dockery's 'Downton Abbey' Returns on January 4 For Fifth Season!
- Dwayne Johnson Wears Wig For Funny Fitness Skit on 'Tonight Show' - Watch Now!
- Kate Hudson Can't Stop Giggling During Box of Lies Game - Watch Now!
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 07/18/2014 Source: Rentrak