Hollywood Docket: LimeWire aftermath; Polanksi on offense; Mark Cuban
10:58 AM PST 12/21/2010 by Matt Belloni
- In the wake of music industry's big court win against LimeWire, the file-sharing company's CEO George Searle says he hopes his company can cut a deal with the labels. A status conference with the judge has been scheduled for June 1 in the case. [AP]
- Ross Perot Jr. is suing Mark Cuban over finances related to the Dallas Mavericks basketball franchise, and one of the things he's claiming is that Cuban used team resources to prop up HDNet. [Business Insider]
- Roman Polanski's lawyers have issued a lengthy press release laying out their arguments (again) and pushing Swiss officials to hold a fair hearing. For the first time, they mention the possibility that Polanski would comply with the extradition to the U.S. Of course, would he have any choice? [AP]
- At an industry convention yesterday, top advisors at the FCC said it was unlikely the agency would start regulating disputes involving retransmission consent fees between broadcasters and cable operators. [LAT]
- Interesting perspective: "Iron Man 2 is the most expensive movie ever made about an intellectual property dispute." [American Prospect]
- MAGIC!'s 'Rude' Keeps Number 1 Slot on Billboard Hot 100, Sia Lands First Top 10!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Director Originally Said 'No Way' to Chris Pratt!
- Michelle Rodriguez Can't Keep Away From Europe for Too Long, Returns & Hangs on a Yacht in Ibiza!
- 'Into the Woods' First Look Images Revealed! See Johnny Depp, Emily Blunt & More In Character
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 07/25/2014 Source: Rentrak