Hollywood Docket: Lindsay Lohan Problems Now Include Tanning Lawsuit
9:11 AM PST 2/9/2011 by Eriq Gardner
Law buzz this morning...
- Lindsay Lohan is having a bad week. She's facing criminal charges for allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace. [LAT] She's also getting sued for allegedly failing to pay more than $41,000 for two years' worth of "mobile tanning services." [CNS]
- Elvis Presley Enterprises has filed a pair of lawsuits in Florida and England to stop the sale of bootleg recordings and audiovisual footage of Elvis concert performances [Portfolio]
- There's a lot of legal work that goes into pulling off a music concert. Case in point: Dr. Dre and city of Detroit have been arguing more than a decade about the hip hop star's 2000 "Up in Smoke" tour, which caused controversy thanks to violent and sexual images the city deemed inappropriate and a violation of local ordinances. Footage of a backstage confrontation with three Detroit city officials made its way onto a concert DVD, which led to an invasion of privacy lawsuit against Dre. The case is about to go before the Michigan Supreme Court. [LASIS]
- Speaking of privacy, Mark Zuckerberg has obtained a restraining order against a man allegedly stalking him on Facebook and in real life. [TMZ]
- Sony is threatening to sue anybody who posts the jailbreak code for PlayStation 3 and is asking a federal judge to order Google to turn over identifying IP addresses. [Wired]
- Here's the funniest legal advice we've seen for publishers and studios wishing to avoid being sued for defamation. [Baby Barista]
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
- 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters of Sex' Renewed for Third Seasons By Showtime!
- Iggy Azalea & Nick Young Have a Dinner Date After Her Hilarious Interview with James Franco! (Video)
- Emma Stone To Make Broadway Debut in 'Cabaret'!
- Former President George W. Bush Takes Ice Bucket Challenge, Nominates Former President Bill Clinton!
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 08/15/2014 Source: Rentrak