Hollywood Docket: Madonna sued over 'Material Girl' trademark
2:06 PM PST 11/12/2010 by THR staff
- Madonna is being sued for selling personal care products and bed and bath furnishings under the "Material Girl" brand. Another company, Rwachsberg Holdings, says it is in the same market and has held the trademark on "Material Girls" since 2005. The singer has allegedly ignored the plaintiff's warnings and is now facing a lawsuit that asks for an injunction and damages. [Here's the complaint]
- Disney has launched an internal investigation to figure out who may have leaked its fourth-quarter financial results ahead of the official announcement. [THR]
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Joaquin Phoenix In Talks to Play Superhero Doctor Strange in Upcoming Marvel Film!
- Orlando Bloom Misses His Flight to Los Angeles, So Books a Ticket to NYC Instead!
- 'Teen Wolf' Stars Tyler Hoechlin & Tyler Posey Celebrate Batman's 75th Anniversary at Comic-Con!
- Hunger Games' Wes Bentley Walks Around His Movie Set Totally Shirtless
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 07/18/2014 Source: Rentrak