Hollywood Docket: Marvel v. Jack Kirby; Chris Brown Restraining Order Softened; Nacho Cheese at Disney World
10:10 AM PST 2/11/2011 by Eriq Gardner
Law buzz this morning...
- Marvel Entertainment wants a judge to exclusively focus on whether or not the Jack Kirby estate successfully terminated copyright grants to comic book characters such as the Fantastic Four, X-Men and the Incredible Hulk and not have the case go before a jury at trial. [Trademark Blog]
- MCD Productions is attempting to enforce a $3 million foreign judgement against Prince for canceling a 2008 concert in Ireland. [RadarOnline]
- Rihanna has agreed to soften a restraining order against Chris Brown that keeps the two singers apart but apparently allows Brown to attend the Grammy Awards on Sunday. [EOnline]
- Today in Lindsay Lohan news: Her lawyer says she would consider a no-jail plea deal. [CNN]
- A Fordham law student tackles the question of whether trademarks featured in fiction, like Homer Simpson's favored "Duff Beer," can be protected. [ELR]
- Disney World always prompts unusual lawsuits. The latest: San Diego parents who say their young sun suffered "severe burns" from scalding hot nacho cheese at the entertainment resort. [Orlando Sentinel]
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 04/18/2014 Source: Rentrak