Hollywood Docket: Marvel v. Jack Kirby; Chris Brown Restraining Order Softened; Nacho Cheese at Disney World
10:10 AM PST 2/11/2011 by Eriq Gardner
Law buzz this morning...
- Marvel Entertainment wants a judge to exclusively focus on whether or not the Jack Kirby estate successfully terminated copyright grants to comic book characters such as the Fantastic Four, X-Men and the Incredible Hulk and not have the case go before a jury at trial. [Trademark Blog]
- MCD Productions is attempting to enforce a $3 million foreign judgement against Prince for canceling a 2008 concert in Ireland. [RadarOnline]
- Rihanna has agreed to soften a restraining order against Chris Brown that keeps the two singers apart but apparently allows Brown to attend the Grammy Awards on Sunday. [EOnline]
- Today in Lindsay Lohan news: Her lawyer says she would consider a no-jail plea deal. [CNN]
- A Fordham law student tackles the question of whether trademarks featured in fiction, like Homer Simpson's favored "Duff Beer," can be protected. [ELR]
- Disney World always prompts unusual lawsuits. The latest: San Diego parents who say their young sun suffered "severe burns" from scalding hot nacho cheese at the entertainment resort. [Orlando Sentinel]
What Hollywood Earns
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 12/19/2014 Source: Rentrak
- Watch a Guy Hilariously Dance to Sia's 'Chandelier' All Over Ikea
- Adele Shoots Down Simon Konecki Breakup Rumors: 'Don't Believe What You Read'
- Selena Gomez Flies to Dubai with Kendall Jenner, Cody Simpson, Gigi Hadid & More for New Year's!
- Nick Jonas Googles Himself, But Never 'Nick Jonas Shirtless'