Hollywood Docket: Mickey Rooney Under Conservatorship of His Lawyer
11:59 AM PST 2/17/2011 by Eriq Gardner
Law buzz this morning...
- Borders filed for bankruptcy and its list of debtors include 20th Century Fox ($6.4 million), Sony Music Entertainment ($4.2 million), Universal Music Group ($3.7 million), Sony Pictures Home Entertainment ($2.9 million) and EMI Music ($1.8 million). [Border's bankruptcy petition]
- Los Angeles attorney Michael Augustine has been handed temporary control of veteran actor Mickey Rooney's affairs after allegations that the actor was being bullied by his stepson and feared being kidnapped. [Reuters]
- Verizon's list of demands in a new anti-piracy bill that would allow the government to quickly shut down websites that are accused of copyright infringement include US-only enforcement, no private right of action, proper disclosure, and reimbursement. [PaidContent]
- I Need A Grand Prods is suing Bret Saxon, Insomnia Media Group, IMG Film, claiming it provided $2.7 million for a film, The Grand, which the defendants allegedly spent on themselves. [CNS]
- Banksy, the artist behind Oscar-nominated documentary, Exit Through the Gift Shop, recently tagged a Hollywood billboard. CBS' outdoor advertisement department allegedly took took down the billboard, which has upset the company that paid to put the ad up in the first place. If the party poopers saw the film, perhaps they would have realized that it's an honor to be tagged by Banksy. [TMZ]
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
Weekend Box Office
For the weekend of 04/18/2014 Source: Rentrak